Service Desk Engineer – Bristol Area – Salary up to £38k
My client is seeking a highly self motivated Service Desk Engineer, with proven analytical and problem solving abilities to join their IT specialist team within the South West. You will have the chance to work with a dedicated team of highly skilled IT professionals who have a wealth of knowledge and experience in technologies such as User/Endpoint Management, Server/Network Infrastructure, Virtualisation, Cloud, Hyper-convergence, Active Directory, Cybersecurity, Connectivity, Telephony, Backup Maintenance & Disaster Recovery and Line of Business applications.
This is an opportunity for you to be able to drive innovation, leading the way in smart, rapid-delivered solutions that can help to transform business’s and IT ecosystems.
Your role would be to work as a Service Desk Engineer, to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This entails proactively addressing escalated help requests from end-users within predefined SLAs, providing training, guidance, and handling escalations for Level Service Desk Technicians. Problem-solving may necessitate the use of diagnostic tools and help request tracking systems, and may also involve providing in-person, hands-on assistance either at the desktop level or on-site with the customer. Strong customer-facing skills are essential.
- Act as an escalation point for Level 1 Service Desk Technicians
- Provide technical training and guidance to Level 1 Service Desk Technicians
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Troubleshoot issues with services including internet connectivity, backups and telephony.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date. Ensure all patch levels are up to date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of servers, desktops, laptops and other devices as required at both software and hardware level.
Skills and Experience preferred:
- Working knowledge of telephony and broadband technologies e.g., FTTC, ADSL, FTTP.
- Experience with Virtualisation platforms e.g., VMWare, Hyper-V
- Awareness of best practice standards within the delivery of IT, against specific security standards such as Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essential Plus, PCI, ISO.
- Adherence to and positive promotion of established Signal IT Solutions Core Values.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
My client not only offers a fantastic salary and pension contributions, but also provides technical training and development to obtain certifications.
Apply now now for an immediate telephone interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.