Service Desk Technician – Bristol Area – up to £23,000
On the lookout for a Service Desk Technician who is exceptionally self-motivated and boasts demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Join the ranks of one of the leading IT specialist companies in the South West of the UK. You’ll be part of a dedicated team comprising highly skilled IT professionals with extensive expertise in various technologies, including User/Endpoint Management, Server/Network Infrastructure, Virtualization, Cloud, Hyper-convergence, Active Directory, Cybersecurity, Connectivity, Telephony, Backup Maintenance & Disaster Recovery, and Line of Business applications.
This is an opportunity for you to be able to take ownership in ensuring proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This involves promptly addressing escalated help requests from end-users within defined SLAs. Problem-solving may entail using diagnostic tools and tracking help requests, and may also involve providing hands-on assistance either at the desktop level or on-site. Strong customer-facing skills are a must.
- Troubleshoot issues with services including internet connectivity, backups and telephony.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues over a wide range of technologies such as broadband, ADSL, FTTC, FTTP and many more.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of servers, desktops, laptops and other devices as required at both software and hardware level.
- Provide suggestions for continual service improvement. Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent recurring issues.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents. Deploy pre-packaged software as needed using automated deployment
Skills and Experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of telephony and broadband technologies e.g., FTTC, ADSL, FTTP.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including all Microsoft’s current OS stack.
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes would be advantageous.
My client not only offers a fantastic salary and pension contributions, but also provides technical training and development to obtain certifications.
Apply now now for an immediate telephone interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.